Sunday, 3 November 2013

Diwali Night Blues

A trail of spark over the singing sky
She silently slips so serene
Her eyes like a candle's eye,
A smile so devilish, yet clean.

I was standing by the old man's shop,
I had no place on my mind.
She stood there out in the street
she stood there for me to find.

I nervously walked towards her,
Like a flower opening its petals.
She stood out among her friends,
A golden crown among rusty kettles.

Her lips seemed slick with sweet lust,
A delicacy I couldn't endure
But like the lamps she lit for the Gods,
It was a drug holding a different cure.

She nibbles a laddoo and throws it away,
A dog grabbed it and disappeared.
I stopped to watch her short hair sway,
The bitch growled as I drew near.

A fountain went out into the darkness
She held her boyfriend's hand tight.
She held it with urgent tenderness
A lifeboat in a ship's cursed night.

Later, as she lays in bed
She remembers the colors sublime
As her consciousness fades away,
She remembers me one last time.

You see that rocket, Darling?
That explosion up above?
you bury it in the sand,
It goes off to the sky.

No comments:

Post a Comment